Hi again! Miss Contra Costa County 2015. Now, if you're like me, you have been thinking, "what am I going to do with all of these leftover vanilla candy melts?!" I bought a huge bag at Hobby Lobby to make my Cherry Pistachio Bark (which was completely eaten up! check out the recipe here!) and I have a ton of melts leftover. Then I had a great idea...dipped biscotti! You can either make the biscotti yourself or buy some premade biscotti and spruce it up! Just melt, dip, sprinkle with some American Pistachio Growers brand pistachios, sprinkles, or other treats of your liking!
Dipped Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup pistachio nuts
leftover melts—I had 12 oz. left!
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the extract, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually stir powder mixture into the egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two 12”x2” logs on a lined cookie sheet. The dough may be sticky, so make sure you wet your hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F.
5. Cut logs on diagonal into ¾” thick slices. Lay on sides on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
Here’s the fun part!
6. After all biscotti is cool, melt vanilla candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, until melted.
Dip each biscotto into the melted mixture until ½ of the biscotto cookie is covered. Sprinkle topping of your choice. My favorite was crushed pistachios!
Enjoy! If you like my pistachio recipes, try them out for yourself! Tag me in any pictures you take @misscontracostacounty!