Hi everyone! If you've been following the Miss California local titleholders on Instagram, we are participating in a #MarchPhotoChallenge! Today's challenge topic is to show you what is in my fridge...and I'll tell you! Surprisingly, the leftovers of this recipe are in my fridge! I say surprisingly because this particular recipe is so yummy! Perfect for a green themed party.
Okay, my post might look different than all of the other clean eating posts that are probably filling up your newsfeed. I know I post a lot of dessert recipes, but I promise I eat healthy! All in moderation, right? :)
I love this recipe because it has one of my favorite fruits in it...pineapples! And of course, my favorite nut, the pistachio nut from American Pistachio Growers!
Homemade Pistachio Fruit Pudding
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
green food coloring (to desired color)
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
1/4 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
sugar (to taste for whipping cream)
1. In a large saucepan, cook sugar, milk, cornstarch, and salt.
2. When it thickens, add a tablespoon of the mixture to the egg yolks. Stir well.
3. Keep adding a tablespoon of mixture to the yolks a little at a time, mixing after each addition, until the yolks are very warm.
4. Mix the egg mixture back into the saucepan and heat until thick.
5. Cook until thick.
6. Take off stove and mix in butter, vanilla and food coloring (until you get the color green that you want).
7. Put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to cool.
8. Whip the cream, adding sugar to taste.
9. Drain pineapple.
10. Add pineapple, craisins and pistachios to pudding. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!